Posters will be presented at 3 times:
- RTC/CEC-only poster session, Wednesday, December 6, 1:00-2:00 pm (Set up posters no later than 9:00 am in Commonwealth Hall A/B (#D1-1 through D1-20); posters must be removed by 3:15 pm)
- R01 Poster Preview, Wednesday, December 6, 2:00 -3:15 pm (Set up posters before 2:00 pm in Commonwealth Hall A/B (# D1-62 through D1-70); posters must be removed by 3:15 pm)
- Wednesday, December 6 (Day 1) 6:00 – 7:30 pm: a mix of trainee and non-trainee posters. (Set up posters 4:00 -5:00 pm in Commonwealth Halls A/B and Pre-function Hallway; posters must be removed by 8:00 pm)
- Thursday, December 7 (Day 2) 3:15 – 4:45 pm: a mix of trainee and non-trainee posters. (Set up posters no later than 9:00 am in Commonwealth Halls A/B Pre-function Hallway; posters should be removed by 5:30 pm)
Please review the Full Program or visit the Registration Desk for your poster number and poster location.
Graduate Student Poster Competition (Review Criteria)
All SRP Graduate Students are automatically entered into the poster competition. If you do not want your poster included in the competition, please contact the meeting organizers no later than November 27, 2017.
Review Criteria for Poster Competition
- Oral Presentation of poster: Plain Language
- Was the student able to communicate their message clearly and succinctly — in less than 5 minutes?
- Did they provide sufficient context and use appropriate language to make their project understandable and interesting to an educated audience outside of their field of study?
- Oral Presentation of poster: Relevance of Research
- Did the student demonstrate and clearly communicate an understanding of the study’s relevance to SRP goals and stakeholders such as the EPA Superfund program and ATSDR?
- Did the student convince you the project was important?
- Oral Presentation of poster: Knowledge
- Did the student demonstrate in-depth knowledge of their topic in discussion and the ability to answer questions?
- Did the student demonstrate the ability to think beyond the work presented?
- Poster Appearance: Effective Communication of Conclusions
- Is poster logically organized and visually appealing?
- Do the graphics (tables, charts, photos, etc.) support the hypothesis/data and add clarity to the overall presentation?
Selection Criteria for Oral Presentation
The Scientific Planning Committee will choose from among submitted abstracts to fill a limited number of oral presentation slots for the SRP Annual Meeting. The criteria for selection include the following:
- Technical quality
- Relevance to session topic and conference theme: mixtures of environmental exposures and psychosocial risk factors; big data research applications; development of sustainable and livable communities; new technologies or innovative methodologies
- Relevance to (a) the goals and mandates of the Superfund Research Program and (b) SRP stakeholders such as EPA/ATSDR/states and communities
- Level of collaboration across disciplines